- American Culture Resources
- August also marks 100 years since the passage of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which granted women the right to vote. Library of Congress’s current exhibition “Shall Not Be Denied: Women Fight for the Vote” is available online and is an excellent resource to discover more about the long fight for women’s suffrage.
- July 4 virtual events
- United Service Organization will host its first-ever Fourth of July special, providing military and military supporter audiences the chance to tune in virtually. Headlined by Country Music Icon Clint Black the Fourth of July concert will air on Facebook at 12 a.m. ETD (7 a.m. Doha time) and 12 p.m. ETD (7 p.m. Doha time) on July 4.
- PBS A Capitol Fourth Facebook Live - Starting at 8:00 pm EDT on July 4 (6 a.m. July 5 Doha time), John Stamos and Vanessa Williams will host a celebration with musical acts and fireworks.
- ShareAmerica Videos and articles on July 4
- Online Games for July 4 – Ben’s Games for Kids
- The Library of Congress National Book Festival is Going Virtual – Save the Date! The 20th annual Library of Congress National Book Festival will be held online Sept. 25-27. The festival will connect with audiences across the country for an interactive, online celebration of “American Ingenuity” featuring new books by more than 120 of the nation’s most-renowned writers, poets and artists. Virtual stages will offer on-demand videos, live author chats and discussions, options to personalize your own journey through the festival with particular themes, and book buying possibilities through the festival’s official bookseller, Politics & Prose, with a limited number of commemorative book plates signed by authors. Check out the full author lineup and download the new festival poster today! Festival website: loc.gov/bookfest
- Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History Virtual Tour
- National Air and Space Museum Anywhere
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Smithsonian’s Virtual Exhibitions
- Museum of the American Revolution
Music, Dance, Art, Films
- American Singer Songwriter Concerts – This Facebook page hosts regular live concerts by American songwriters.
- https://bit.ly/22-33Isltn8 – Musical inspiration from all over the world and original songs by Giselle Felice & Erik Abernathy, Wordsmith, Seth Glier, Stela Botan, Tony Memmel, Just Wade Tam, and more. Turn this one up loud!
- Music Education Resource Guide by Library of Congress
- Film Fest D.C. – This film festival, which lasts until July 3, can be enjoyed from home.
- GetFit Webinar on Wednesdays at 11:00 am EDT – Work out and hear inspirational stories from professional American athletes. If this time doesn’t work for your spaces, consider hosting a watch party around the webinar.
- Panel discussion on “HAMILTON”.
- “Swalif” a new series on various topics hosted by Hamad Al-Amari: Episode 1: VOLUNTEERISM
- “Swalif”: Episode 2: U.S. Elections
- “Swalif” Episode 3: Media Literacy
- “Swalif” Episode 4: Social Media & Entrepreneurship
- “Swalif” Episode 5: Mental Health
- A Discussion: “Retracting the Impact: The Role of Elections in Shaping Minority Rights in the United States of America”
- A Discussion: African-American Heritage Month: The Legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- A conversation on Maintaining Sustainability: Building Capacity and Breaking Barriers
- Part 6 https://bit.ly/22-33Isltn6 – A backyard musician and a quarantine reading list
- Part 8 https://bit.ly/22-33Isltn8 – Musical inspiration from all over the world and original songs by Giselle Felice & Erik Abernathy, Wordsmith, Seth Glier, Stela Botan, Tony Memmel, Just Wade Tam, and more. Turn this one up loud!
- Part 9 https://bit.ly/22-33Isltn9 – Gratitude for those in our lives and those keeping us safe