Government of Qatar Suspends Entry
Health Alert – Government of Qatar Suspends Entry (March 16, 2020)
Event: The Government of Qatar has suspended all entry to Qatar for non-Qatari citizens for a period of two weeks, with possible extensions. U.S. citizens should contact their airlines to change their flights accordingly. Cargo flights, passengers departing Qatar, and transit passengers are not affected at this time.
For further information about travel restrictions and closures of tourist sites, schools, and public events in Qatar, please visit the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage.
For updates about COVID-19 travel restrictions elsewhere in the world (including the United States), please consult the Department of State’s website, which includes information for U.S. citizens returning to the United States from Europe, cruise ship passengers, and U.S. citizen students abroad.
Visit the local government COVID-19 website for updated information.
Actions to Take:
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Call the Qatar Ministry of Public Health hotline at 16000 if you experience flu-like symptoms.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Qatar.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
U.S. Embassy Doha, Qatar
+974 4496 6000
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow the U.S. State Department’s Travel Page on Facebook and Twitter