Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Doha, Qatar
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 80,000 reported cases worldwide.
The government of Qatar has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
Visit the local government COVID-19 website for updated information.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Qatar Ministry of Public Health hotline at 16000 if you experience flu-like symptoms.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Qatar.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- S. Embassy Doha, Qatar
+974 4496 6000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Qatar Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter