Quarantine requirements for all arrivals in Qatar have been extended through February 15, 2021. Qatari citizens, residency permit holders, and certain people undertaking new employment may enter Qatar. All travelers should coordinate closely with their sponsors, as advance permission may be required to enter Qatar in addition to quarantine and testing regulations. Per recent changes in travel policy, residents who are currently in the State of Qatar will receive an exceptional entry permit upon departure. Tourists and visitors are currently not allowed to enter Qatar. Please also note that quarantine rules for travelers arriving in Doha from the UK recently changed. These travelers must quarantine at specific hotels.
Travelers arriving from low-risk, Green List countries are subject to a coronavirus test upon arrival at the airport and must pledge to quarantine at home for one week. Individuals will be required to take a COVID-19 test at the end of their one-week quarantine period. Alternative options for testing before arrival may be available depending on accredited COVID-19 test centers available in the Green List country.
Individuals arriving from countries not deemed low risk (Red List) are required to obtain a test from an accredited testing center less than 48 hours before traveling. One week of home quarantine is required after arrival. If no accredited testing centers are available, the individual may arrive in Qatar but is required to quarantine in a hotel at their own expense. The hotel quarantine must be booked through the Discover Qatar website, which now has availability through February 15. A COVID-19 test is required at the end of that week of quarantine. If it is negative, the individual may then quarantine at home. At present, the United States is NOT listed as a low-risk country.
All details mentioned above are subject to change by the government of Qatar. For further information on quarantine, please visit the Ministry of Health’s Travel and Return Policy page. Please note that the U.S. Embassy is not able to intercede in matters of quarantine, COVID-19 testing, and entering the country in individual cases.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the controlled lifting of COVID-19 Restrictions Plan for Qatar on the Ministry of Public Health’s website for more information about phased reopening.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations and consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Call the Qatar Ministry of Public Health hotline at 16000 if you experience flu-like symptoms.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Qatar.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.