U.S. Embassy in Qatar
Message for U.S. Citizens
The U.S. Embassy in Qatar is closely monitoring the security environment throughout the region. While the embassy is not aware of specific, credible, or actionable threats against the embassy or U.S. persons and interests in Qatar, there has been an observed increase in violent and inciteful rhetoric online. The U.S. Embassy advises citizens to continue exercising caution and to maintain personal security awareness.
Actions to Take
- Avoid areas with demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Do not draw attention to yourself.
- Review your personal security plans.
For further travel and security information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Qatar Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Doha, Qatar, located at 22 February Street, Al Luqta District, Doha, atACSDoha@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +974 4496 6000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in theUnited States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).