U.S. Embassy Doha
Message for U.S. Citizens
Location: Qatar, countrywide
Event: FIFA Men’s World Cup, November 20 – December 18, 2022.
The U.S. Embassy in Qatar strongly recommends U.S. citizens travelling to Qatar for the World Cup read the entire Qatar country information page to learn about safety, security, laws and customs in Qatar. Since large, high-profile events pose unique safety and security risks, please pay particular attention to the Safety and Security section of the Qatar country information page.
Please also review the U.S. Embassy’s World Cup page, which is regularly updated with the latest tips and guidance for Americans visiting Qatar. On that page you will find our information card, which you can save to your mobile device for quick access to the U.S. Embassy’s contact information and other helpful guidance.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your whereabouts and safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Review the State Department’s Qatar country information page and the U.S. Embassy in Qatar’s World Cup page.
- Save a copy of the U.S. Embassy in Qatar’s World Cup information card to your mobile device.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- U.S. Embassy in Qatar
- +974 4496 6000