The U.S. Embassy takes this opportunity to remind U.S. citizens in Qatar that places Westerners frequent, such as hotels and malls, remain targets for extremists, especially as the end of Ramadan and Eid approach. All U.S. citizens residing in or visiting Qatar should remain vigilant regarding their personal security and alert to local security developments. The Embassy works closely with the Government of Qatar to ensure security for U.S. citizens in the country.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Qatar Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Doha, Qatar, located at 22 February Street, Al Luqta District, Doha, at ACSConsularDoha@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +974 4496 6000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.