Child and Family Matters

This section provides an overview of the application process for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), the official birth record for U.S. citizen children born outside of the U.S. According to U.S. law, a CRBA is proof of U.S. citizenship and may be used to obtain a U.S. passport and register for school, among other purposes. Please carefully read and follow the instructions on how to apply for a CRBA.