Starting September 1, 2022, Embassy Doha expanded the Interview Waivers (IW) program to include qualified Qatari citizens and residents. The IW program allows qualifying visa applicants to submit visa applications by postal mail without an appointment. Some nationalities may not qualify. To check if you qualify, please fill out your visa application at the Visa Service website.
In general, the following applicants may apply for Interview Waiver:
- All applicants who were issued a prior tourist (B1/B2) U.S. visa that expired within the past 48 months and have previously given their fingerprints.
- Applicants who were issued a prior crew U.S. visa in the same visa class (C/D or D) that expired within the past 48 months.
- All applicants who were issued a prior student or exchange (F, M, or J) U.S. visa and their dependents for continuing studies or programs.
- Official and diplomats for A1, A2, G1, G2, G3, G4, and NATO visas.
- Any applicant younger than 14 or older than 79. Note that the parent of a minor may be asked to attend an interview in certain cases.
For applicants who meet all the above criteria, please prepare the application package with the following:
- Copy of Qatar ID Card (QID)
- Applicant’s original passport with at least six months validity remaining
- Applicant’s previous passport that holds the valid or expired U.S. visa
- Confirmation page of your visa application form DS-160
- One U.S. visa-sized photo (2 in x 2 in or 5 cm X 5 cm) on a white background ( photo requirements here)
- Applicant’s original I-20 or DS-2019 forms for applicable F, M, and J visas
- If applicant is under 14 years of age, a copy of the applicant’s birth certificate, a copy of the parents’ passport bio details page, and a copy of parents’ valid visas/ESTAs.
To avoid delays, do not send additional documents beyond those requested above. Please allow at least 10-14 business days for your visa application to be processed.
All materials must be sent to the U.S. Embassy through Aramex service. You may use any one of these locations:
Aramex Location 1: Wholesale Market Street, opposite to Regency Hyper Market, Ain Khalid, Zone 56/ ST 995/ Building 156, Doha, Qatar
Hours: Sunday through Saturday from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Phone: (+974) 4420 0100
Aramex Location 2: Gate Mall, Doha Tower, 3, Omar Al Mukhtar Street, First, Doha, Qatar
Hours: Sunday though Saturday from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Phone: (+974) 4420 0100
Applicants qualifying for the IW still must qualify for a visa, and in some cases, applicant may be called into the visa unit for an interview. If you do not qualify for the Interview Waiver program, please schedule an appointment.